Our COVID-19 T-Shirts
Anthony, a student at Skills Academy, has chosen to use his Economic Impact Payment for a community service project. Here is information about his t-shirt fundraiser for coronavirus first responders, if you would like to support this project.
Fox 21 News interviewed Anthony and his grandmother about his project–you might want a tissue or two handy when you watch it:
Funds are being raised through the purchase of a short sleeve t-shirt with printing that Anthony designed. Or if you would like to donate only, that is very welcome, too.
- $20.00 for size S-M-L
- $22.00 for size XL-3X
- No tax, no shipping charges added to the cost
- Please provide name, email, and size.
- If out of Colorado Springs, please provide a complete mailing address.
Credit card payment information for all orders:
- Send your order (name, email, size) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If order needs to be shipped, provide your complete mailing address.
- For local orders, you will be notified that your order is ready to pick up at SADP.
- A billing invoice will be emailed to you for you to submit your credit card payment via PayPal.
Cash payment information for all orders:
- Provide name, email, size and cash payment to Pat at SAVC (email@example.com).
- SADP will submit your order to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For local orders, you will be notified that your order is ready to pick up at SAVC.
Thank you for your support!
Skills Academy VOCATIONAL CENTER
Skills Academy is dedicated to providing a person-centered program (P-CP) for their students. Full implementation of this program will include, but is not limited to:
- P-CP write-up on each student to include all likes, dislikes, goals, dreams, etc.
- Bi-monthly one-on-one meetings with the student to fine tune the P-CP plan.
- Training aimed at helping students reach their goals.
- Dedicated counselors to work with the student on their goals.
Keys to Success
- Partnering with non-profits that serve the special needs community. (Like Special Olympics)
- Partnering with local school districts to offer transition programs.
- Keeping the focus on the student and their individual needs.
- Growing in a controlled fashion where the students are fully engaged.
- Partnering with the community to help with job placement for students.
Helping our students to find their purpose in life through Volunteering
Programs and services
Skills Academy offers training, and transportation services. Click the button below to see a full list.
Days and hours of Operation
Currently the day program is open from Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm. The goal is to expand the program to Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 3:30pm.